Now wait a second. Did you say hoverboard? Yes? Wow! Isn’t it just a little unbelievable? A hoverboard is a new concept. One could even say that the future has arrived.
When you think of a Hoverboard the first image that comes to mind is a disc-like board with some kind of engine or power pack that keeps you “hovering” above the ground, just like in “Back to the Future.” Am I right? However, this image is slightly inaccurate.
A hoverboard looks like a futuristic molded skateboard that appears as if it’s “hovering” off of the ground. This is created by the illusion of the board hovering between two wheels on either side of the board. Hoverboards come in a variety of finishes and colors.
When considering a purchase of a Hoverboard it’s obviously always about your personal choice. Basing your decision on your level of experience, affordability and the aesthetics that are appealing to you will be very important.
Entry-level hoverboards are usually lighter as they may not offer certain features which would add to their weight.
A hoverboard is a great addition to the family. Isn’t it great that families now have another way to connect and interact with each other inside and outside of the house?
These devices aren’t only fun but also a great way for the family to partake in a casual form of exercise without even really intending to do so. We all know how difficult it is to get a teenager moving!
Most boards come with built-in gyroscopes that help with balancing. No more tears like before when the older kids got to do all the fun stuff – the younger kids can have fun too!
Are you unsure whether this is the right one for you? Look for these to find the perfect model:
- A UL2272 certification which is an industry standard testing of all electrically driven systems including their batteries and charger system combinations. All products undergo evaluation for fire hazards and safety checks
- A written manual or the option of training modes and more advanced modes
- A 30-day money back guarantee or some sort of a warranty for the product
- A minimum and maximum weight allowance is very important when children and adults are considering a purchase. Make sure it can accommodate everyone
We tested the Megawheels Hoverboard Self Balance Scooter 2 Wheels, so you can see if it’s the one your family needs. This is what we found.
- Get ready to be impressed by the sleek 23”x 7”x 8” board which boasts a 350W motor
- Two 6.5” tires keep you grounded and offer the durability you expect from this quality brand
- At a maximum speed of 7.5mph, this is an entertainment option that any parent would feel kids will be safe doing
- Charging takes anywhere between 90 minutes to 2 hours. You’ll need to do this:
- After 12 miles or
- After riding for around 4 hours
(This should give you ample time to recover from the great experience and workout you just got!)
- Yes, this is a great way to lose a few extra pounds while having fun!
- You will be surprised to hear that it only weighs 22lb and can take a weight of up to 220 lbs.
- All riders can feel safe with this option
- An excellent, stylish carry bag makes it convenient to transport when going to the gym, office, or school. Look great and make a statement with your transport from now on.
- Are you wondering what you’ll have to sell to own a Hoverboard? Don’t panic. Did we mention it’s a bargain in its price range?
We compared the Megawheels hoverboard Self Balance Scooter 2 wheels with the Gotra Hoverfly Eco Hoverboard.
- Both have 23” x 7” x 8” boards
- Megawheels has a 100W stronger motor
- Both reach speeds of 7.5 mph
- Megawheels offer 2 more miles ride time before you need to re-charge
- Gotra weighs in slightly lower at 22lb compared to the Megawheels at 25.5lb
- Both have LED lights
- Both have 6.5” tires
- Both boards are UL 2272 certified
- The Megawheels board takes 2 hours to charge the battery whereas the Gotra board boasts 1.5 hours
- Megawheels has an enhanced chassis the Gotra doesn’t have
- When taking aesthetics under consideration Megawheels looks far sturdier than the Gotra
- Megawheels can manage inclines of up to 30°
- Megawheels offers a 1-year guarantee
- Both boards aren’t waterproof
- Gotra does not offer an initial 1-year guarantee
- Gotra only achieves a 15° incline
- Both boards are chrome finished and can easily be scratched
After comparing the Megawheels Hoverboard Self Balance Scooter 2 Wheels and Gotra Hoverfly Eco Hoverboard we believe the former is your better option. The Megawheels Hoverboard Self Balance Scooter 2 Wheels has a stronger motor and a guarantee on offer giving you total peace of mind. This is a great choice for its market-related range and is extremely appealing for entry-level or advanced riders.
Now we can say that the future is HERE. All you need to do is make up your mind. Choose your design, price, and don’t forget to take your level of experience under consideration before you hover off in any direction you like! That’s pretty cool if you ask me. Happy riding peeps!